At Mount Olive Lutheran Church, We...
- Believe in staying true to God’s Word as our guide and source for every need.
- Are excited, as followers of Christ, to live out our faith in our daily lives.
- Understand and have compassion for pre-Christian people.
- Grow together as a family of believers in Christ through education and prayer.
- Minister to all ages in our family of believers and reach out to the community around us.
- Aspire to excellence in every aspect of our ministry.
In the one eternal God as revealed in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1-3, John 1:1, Matthew 3:16-17)
All people by nature are separated from God by sin. (Isaiah 59:2, Romans 3:23, Ephesians 2: 1-3)
Jesus, true God and man, lived a sinless life, died on the cross, and was resurrected to life for the forgiveness of our sins and to reunite us with God. (John 3:16, Romans 5:8-9, 2 Corinthians 5:21)
We are saved by God’s gift, His grace, which we receive by faith. (Ephesians 2:8-9, Galatians 2:16)
The Bible alone is God’s inspired and inerrant Word. (2Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:20-21)
God adopts us as His children through baptism, which Jesus commanded. (Matthew 28:18-20, Romans 6:4-6, Acts 2:39)
Jesus gives us Himself through His supper, assuring us of forgiveness and strength. (Matthew 26:26-28, 1 Corinthians 11:23-26)
We are called to give our lives to following Jesus and to connect other people to Jesus by sharing His love in our words and actions. (Matthew 28:18-20, Luke 24: 46-47, 1 John 3:16-18)
The Holy Spirit brings people to faith in Jesus and then chooses gifts to give to each of His children to strengthen the body of Christ. (1 Corinthians 12:1-11, 1 Corinthians 14:12, Romans 12: 4-8)
Jesus will come again in glory at a time only God knows to judge all people and give all believers eternal life. (Acts 1:11, Mark 13: 32-37)